Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mixed Green Salad with Cajun Spiced Chicken



Since I already had decided on a Honey Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette I knew that I wanted today's salad to have a little bit of spicy as well. I really love the way that spicy and sweet flavors can play off of each other. I had an organic, free range, thinly cut chicken breast in the freezer that I bought at the farmers market that would be great on the salad. This was a beautiful and delicious salad - I hope you will try it.


Mixed Green Salad with Cajun Spiced Chicken


For the Salad:
  • Mixed Greens
  • Fresh Baby Spinach
  • 1 Avocado
  • 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper
  • 8 Grape Tomatoes
  • 1/8 Cup Pumpkin Seeds

For the Chicken:

  • 1 Chicken Breast
  • 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil for Cooking
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning



Method:

Place all of the spices into a bowl.


 Mix together and season the chicken breast liberally.


Place cooking oil into your pan (I used my cast iron pot) and bring to a medium heat. Add chicken.


Continue cooking on medium heat for about 4 minutes per side.


Let the chicken breast rest (off of the heat) while you put together your salad. Cut up vegetables.


In a salad bowl combine mixed greens with some baby spinach.


Add the vegetables.


Place pumpkin seeds on top.


Dress the salad.


Go back to the chicken and it slice up.


Place on top of the salad while still warm. Enjoy!


I submitted this recipe to Simple Life Thursdays, check it out for other great recipes from real food bloggers.


Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...