Thursday, January 20, 2011

Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb Meatballs


This is my other version of Scratch.Love Meatballs. Often times I omit the breadcrumbs in my meatball if I am avoiding grains, or hosting people who are grain/gluten free. This is very close to my other recipe, and I think tastes just as great. In fact, no one ever notices (or at least no one mentions!) the difference here at my home.






Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb Meatballs






  • 2 Lbs Ground Beef 
  • 2 Cups Parmesan or Romano Cheese
  • 3/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
  • 3/4 Cup of Finely Diced Onion
  • 4 Eggs (beaten)
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • Marinara Sauce for Simmering

Method:

1) Finely Chop Parsley and Onions.
2) Beat together eggs, salt and pepper.
3) Add the parsley and onions to the egg mixture. Beat together.
4) Add the cheese and meat.
5) Form into balls whatever size you prefer.
6) Place balls into a parchment lined baking pan.
7) Place the pan into a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about an hour.
8) Remove the meatballs from the pan and place into a pot with marinara sauce for simmering. You will want to simmer the meatballs as long as possible, but at least 2 hours.
9) Serve and enjoy!

(For step by step photos, please visit Scratch.Love Meatballs)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...