Thursday, January 13, 2011

Broccoli Rabe (Rapini)



Have you ever had Broccoli Rabe? This is a very bitter green, which may be a little bit of an acquired taste. If you are from the North East there is probably a good chance you have had it before. It is usually not something I see at Whole Foods here in Central Virginia, so when I saw these I grabbed two.




Continue reading after the jump...




Broccoli Rabe (Rapini)

  • 1 Bunch of Broccoli Rabe (rapini)
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic
  • 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil (for cooking)
  • 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil (for drizzling after cooking)
  • Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste





Method:



Clean the greens by removing the leaves and trimming the stalks as shown below. Dice garlic.


Boil some water and add the broccoli rabe. Boil for 5-8 minutes.



Drain.


In sautee pan add the coconut oil and the garlic.


Brown Slightly.


Add the greens.


Sautee for about another 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter salt and pepper to taste then drizzle with olive oil.


Serve and enjoy!


I submitted this recipe to Simple Lives Thursdays, check it out for other great recipes from real food bloggers!




Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

5 comments:

  1. The broccoli rabe looks sooo good! Sometimes I mix it Italian Sausage...it is very tasty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! That sounds great! Love it! I love to put these on sandwiches! Yum, yum! But you should have seen the look on my sons face when I tried feeding it to him! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my fave way to make greens! When in doubt, I saute them in butter, with garlic and onions. Every time we get a new green that we aren't sure if we like, they get this treatment until our taste buds adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie- I totally agree about the greens! They are all good with garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had it and I do love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...