Thursday, December 23, 2010

Homemade Bath Salts



I happen to think that homemade gifts are the nicest kind. This year I wanted to make some gifts to give to our neighbors, doctors, teachers etc. I decided on these Homemade Bath Salts, Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Scrub, Sweet and Spicy Nuts, and at the last minute added some Molasses Cookies. Wrapped up nicely I think these make a fantastic gift, and I hope that the recipients agree!



Continue reading after the jump...


Homemade Bath Salts
  • 2 1/2 Cups of Sea Salt
  • 2 1/2 Cups of Epsom Salts
  • 1  Tea Bag (optional) *
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Jojoba Oil
  • 10 Drops of Essential Oil (I used Eucalyptus)
*Ingredients to the tea I used: Organic Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Cardamom Seeds, Lemongrass, Cinnamon Bark, Apple Pieces, Star Anise, Rose hips, Clove and Cranberries (when picking the tea make sure it is not one that turns a dark color, unless you want to your friends bathtubs to stain!)



Method:

In a large glass bowl add the sea salt.


Then add the epsom salts.


In goes the contents of one tea bag.


Time to stir.


In a separate bowl (not pictured, I am sorry!) mix the jojoba oil and the essential oils. Add to the large bowl.

 
Mix this together really well, breaking up and little blobs where the oil may have caked together.


 Place into airtight containers (mason jars are just perfect for this!) and tie with a festive ribbon!


I submitted this post to Simple Lives Thursday, check it out for other great posts from real food bloggers.



Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

4 comments:

  1. I love this Elizabeth! I may have to run out and get the ingredients needed for Christmas. I can't believe it's in 2 days.. yeah :D Have a blessed Christmas Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bath salts are wonderful and this looks like a very good recipe to keep handy.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Diana and Brenda. I gave them out and they have been a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing. I have been working on a hub for frugal gift making and I've featured your tutorial there with a link back.

    The hub is here: http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/Frugal-Handmade-Gift-Ideas-Homemade-Bath-and-Beauty-Recipes

    Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...