Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cheddar and Green Onion Almond Flour Muffins


Here are some gluten free and grain free muffins to go along with the Low and Slow Beef Chipotle Chili! A few months ago I was looking for a grain free option that would taste like cornbread.  A google search brought me to a low carb blog (which looks like it has been dormant for a while) and a recipe for Green Onion Cornbread. I tried the recipe as is but thought that I would like it better with a few modifications. The result is this recipe.


Continue reading after the jump...

Cheddar and Green Onion Almond Flour Muffins:
(makes 12 muffins)
  • 2 Cups of Almond Flour
  • 2 Green Onions (chopped)
  • 1 Cup of Extra Sharp Cheddar (grated)
  • 2 Extra Large Eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons of Butter (melted)
  • 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
  • 1 Tablespoon of Raw Honey
  • 2 Tablespoons of Water
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
Method:

Take out eggs. Grate Cheese. Chop green onions. Set aside.


 Take a large mixing bowl and add the eggs, melted butter, sour cream and green onion.


Measure out baking powder, salt, pepper and honey.


Add to the mixing bowl and mix with a fork.


Next add the almond flour and the cheese. Fold in with the fork.


Spoon mixture into a lined muffin pan.


Repeat until batter is gone. (Should make 12)


And into the preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 25 minute or so until tops are golden brown.


These muffins are best enjoyed warm.



Want to know what real people thought about this recipe?  Real Food Feedback

I submitted this recipe to Simple Lives Thursday, check it out for other recipes from real food bloggers.



Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

 

3 comments:

  1. I recently found out I have an intolerance to gluten, and have been looking for tried and true recipes to replace some of our favorites. I am definitely putting this on our to-try list. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, onions and cheddar, these must be good!

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby - I think you will like them! Let me know if you try them out. Also, I have lots of recipes that are gluten free. On the homepage if you look on the right hand side you will see a list of tags and Gluten Free is there, check out some of the other recipes. Thanks for stopping by PS- I stoped by your blog (Food For Later) that gnocchi sounds SO good. I will have to try it on a special occasion (I dont usually use white flour) I wonder if you could try this with coconut flour or almond flour in light of your recently diagnosed gluten issue. Something to think about!

    Sense of Home - I think they are! Thank you! I went your blog- cute cat! And some great looking recipes! Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...