Thursday, December 9, 2010

Real Food Feedback : Okay Yellow


The idea for this new segment came from my friend Linda. She asked if I could perhaps have my husband or children rate each recipe. Since my husband loves everything I make (bless him!), and the children are really too young to have much of an opinion, I did not think that would be too helpful to anyone! After thinking about it for a little while an idea came to me. Why not bring my real food to a group of regular people and give them questionnaires (which would remain anonymous) to find out what they really think about the recipes! Thus, Real Food Feedback was born!

Real Food Feedback : Okay Yellow

My first taste testers are the fine people of Okay Yellow, an amazing advertising company based in Charlottesville, Virginia.


Continue reading after the jump...

My sweet, wonderful  and talented brother is one of the owners of this creative company. He was kind enough to design the logo for this blog and he was patient with my endless questions about the layout and details of my new blog. I wanted to do something nice for him so I decided to bring lunch to Okay Yellow Headquarters. Here is what I brought:
Below are the questions and answers gathered from the surveys. I thought you at home would be interested in the answers since it may help to hear what other people think! Answers are in italic. The numbers in italics indicate each anonymous employee.

1) Do you like Chili (in general)?
  1. Yes!
  2. Love Chili!
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. Mostly
  6. Yes
2) Do you consider this chili hot (spicy)?
(Since the spices in the vegetarian and meat chili are the same this answer applies to both)
  1. It is slightly more elevated than "mild", but it has a good amount of hotness.
  2. Nope.
  3. No.
  4. No
  5. No, not at all.
  6. No.
3a) Do you like this Low and Slow Vegetarian Chili?
  1. Yes!
  2. Yes!
  3. Yes (4) - I'm a meathead
  4. Yes.
  5. 3.25
  6. Yes
3b) Do you like this Low and Slow Chipotle Beef Chili?
  1. Yes!
  2. n/a (vegetarian)
  3. Yes (5)
  4. Yes! Yes!
  5. Yes! 5
  6. Yes
4a) Is this (Low and Slow Vegetarian Chili) something you would make at home?
  1. Yes! For sure.
  2. Yes!
  3. Maybe, I can't cook this!
  4. Maybe not as chili because my husband would like meat, but would be great to make as a side.
  5. No.
  6. For guests, yes.
 4b) Is this (Low and Slow Chipotle Beef Chili) something you would make at home?
  1. Yes! For sure.
  2. n/a (vegetarian)
  3. Maybe, I can't cook this!
  4. Yes.
  5. Yes.
  6. Yes!
5) Do you like these Cheddar and Green Onion Muffins?
  1. Yes! Deelish!
  2. Love the muffins!
  3. Yes (5)
  4. Yes
  5. Not by themselves, but in the chili they're ok (2)
  6. Def.
6) What do you think the muffins taste like?
  1. I tasted the sour cream and scallions,but never would have guessed on the almond flour - it's delicious!
  2. Thanksgiving
  3. Cheese + flour
  4. Soy
  5. Not sure, lack flavor.
  6. Scallions
 7) Would you make these muffins at home?
  1. Yes
  2. Yes!
  3. No, I can't cook these!
  4. If it is easy
  5. No
  6. Yes
8) Do you consider yourself a health conscious person?
  1. Yes
  2. Yes!
  3. half & half
  4. Yes when I have time, and no when I am busy
  5. No
  6. No
9) Are you interested in learning how to cook healthy dishes?
  1. Yes
  2. Probably not because my wife is the healthy cook
  3. Yes
  4. Yes, w/ a lot of veggies
  5. Yes
  6. Undecided
10) Do you follow any food blogs?
  1. No, but we do a lot of cookbook cooking
  2. Nope!
  3. Scratch.Love
  4. No, but I will keep checking yours!
  5. No
  6. Serious Eats

And there you have it! I really hope this was helpful to you who are reading at home. And thank you again to the awesome staff at Okay Yellow for letting me come visit!

Last, but not least - check out the fun and fabulous work space at Okay Yellow:




Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...