Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Honey Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette



This week I ran out of balsamic vinegar. Grocery list in my hot little hand, I travelled the aisles in Whole Foods looking for the vinegar aisle. There are so many varieties of balsamic vinegar at so many price points it is often hard to decide. I picked up my regular bottle of balsamic vinegar and placed it in my cart. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw it. Fig Balsamic Vinegar. And it was on sale. So of course I had to buy that too! I knew this had to be a special recipe for a vinaigrette with something so wonderful as a fig balsamic vinegar. I wanted something a little sweet- but not too sweet. Here is what I came up with. I think it is perfect.


Honey Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • 1 1/4 Cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 Small Clove of Garlic
  • 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
  • 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon

Method:

Take spices, garlic and honey and place in a bowl. Set aside.

  
In blender add oil and vinegar. Add the seasonings. Start to blend on low.


Turn up the speed on your blender, continue to blend until the vinaigrette emulsifies. (below)
  

Pour into container. Serve!


Place the unused portion of the dressing into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for storage.



I submitted this recipe to Simple Life Thursdays, check it out for other great recipes from real food bloggers.


Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...