Thursday, November 24, 2011

Maple-Chipotle Candied Bacon



I love bacon, thats no secret, so when I was out to brunch and saw "candied bacon" on the bloody mary menu I knew I had to have it. Bacon? Candied? What could be better! Out comes my beautiful bloody mary with a piece of crisp bacon stuck in it. Oh. My. Goodness! The heavens opened, angels sang! I am pretty sure those candied bacon pieces were made with a mixture of brown and white sugar. I knew I wanted to make these for my own homemade bloody mary's, but I also knew white and brown sugar were out since we do not use either routinely. Maple syrup seemed like a better option for us for use on special occasions. I also decided to add a little kick with the chipotle spice. The result is a sweet and savory masterpiece. Use in your own bloody mary, or as a topping for salads or soups!



Continue reading after the jump...
Maple-Chipotle Candied Bacon



  • 6 Pieces of Thick Cut Bacon, Cut in Half
  • 1/8 Cup of Grade B Maple Syrup
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Chipotle Seasoning



In a bowl place the bacon pieces. Cover with the syrup and seasoning. 


Give it a good stir.


Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Into the oven at 350.


Check after about 15-20 minutes. Remove when it is your desired level of doneness.


Place onto paper towels to drain.







Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...